The “3rd Therapeutic Discoveries Symposium: Insights from COVID19 to Prevent and Cure Diseases” on 22-23-24 February 2022, will bring together experts from Europe, Scandinavia, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the United States for interactive knowledge sharing. The COVID-19 pandemic impelled the world’s scientists, technologists, and regulators to come together to discover new and efficient approaches to develop therapies, a learning that can be used for other diseases. This is a vital event as it provides a hub to share information about the new science and technologies used in the development of Innovative vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostic tools.
Attendees will hear directly from the leading scientists, clinicians, pharma companies, and academic institutions behind the innovative approaches used to combat the virus. Vaccine scientists will discuss the importance of quick and open access data sharing to enable innovation. We will also hear from leading AI experts who developed sophisticated tools to track the virus globally, discover new variants, and advise decision makers on border control measures to limit the spread of the virus.
Moreover we will discuss how COVID-19 will be used as a model to tackle other diseases with focus on immuno-oncology and infection. We will also show how people around the world are working together to overcome challenges in the distribution, pricing and accessibility to the vaccines.
The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the importance of collaboration in scientific innovation. Many collaborations contributed to the accelerated development of COVID-19 vaccines. We will discuss the importance of sustaining collaborations forged during the pandemic to promote ongoing knowledge sharing between governments, research institutions, and companies for ongoing scientific innovation. We will show how humans can use the COVID-19 pandemic as a model for working together to combat any disease. The objectives are:
- To bring together world experts on Academic Drug Discovery to discuss and propose new approaches to discover and develop new therapies
- To review the scientific discoveries that led to the speedy development of novel and efficacious vaccines and diagnosis tools
- Detailing virus biology and its variants
- Vaccines concepts, their efficacies and short & long term side effects
- Therapies developed
- Diagnostic tools
- To learn more about mRNA based therapies and immuno-oncology vaccines
- To discuss how the open science created a world collaboration platform that benefited a rapid understanding of the virus-infection biology
- To appraise the AI platforms that is speeding up the discovery of novel drug targets, vaccines antigens and disease biology
- To present international initiatives working to accelerate the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines around the world with a focus on emerging markets, particularly where there are logistical challenges in transporting medicine.
- To draw lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic on how to prepare for the next global pandemic.
- To establish a permanent platform of scientific exchange and know-how between academia, biotech, and the pharmaceutical industry.
The attendees will also have chance for one to one meeting with the experts to exchange and form bridge for collaborative work. To enable the best learning outcome from the conference, the program is divided into two parts: Pre-symposia and symposia as detailed below:
Meet the Experts: February 22th , 2022
- Allow scientists to have “one to one” meeting with international speakers
- Introduce KAIMRC research facilities to national and international scientific communities for collaboration
- Selected coaching and training Sessions